The video below describes a quick and easy way to load your desktop faster for Microsoft’s Windows 10 OS. If you are using previous versions of Windows, do not fret. In the world of computing, there are numerous ways to perform the same task. If running Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 follow the steps below:
- Click on the Windows key + R
- The Windows key is located between the Ctrl and Alt key on your keyboard
- In the run box, type ‘msconfig’ and press the Enter key
- This will bring up the System Configuration Window.
- Click on the Startup Tab, and uncheck any programs that aren’t required to run at Start-up
- If unsure of what programs to keep enabled, Google the program’s startup name or leave item checked.
- Remember, always leave antivirus, spyware, keyboard, & network startup items running, these are needed to protect your system and keep hardware functioning.
Check out the 3 minute tutorial for Disabling unwanted startup programs in Windows 10 and more options in Task Manager.